My last post caught us up to March 5th! Of 2017...*face palm*
Oh well, I've only failed when I've stopped trying, right?
Who's ready for some flashbacks? Most of the pictures in March and April of last year are of the work we were doing on our house. I think I'll save those to put all together in one post, so for now you'll get more cute kids, and not so much paint and weeds.
 |
| drawing clouds at Big Break Littles |
 |
| Playing outside at the apartment |
 |
| March 9th-The night we got keys! We closed in February, but this day was way more exciting |
 |
| I know I said I would save the house pictures for another post, but this couldn't wait. We had no idea that the grout was green when we bought the house. We legitimately thought it was black. In fact, when I started cleaning, I thought I was trying to get off the little bits of green I could occasionally see. Yuck! We had so much work to do. |
 |
| In the middle of all of the house stuff, I also put together another RS founding celebration night. |
 |
| Adaline loving preschool |
 |
| I also had to feed my own family something that night-I made their dinner so they could picnic at the church before the activity. |
 |
| This picture and the ones below are just a sampling of the many, many, many pictures I have of my kids being watched by friends or in other people's houses while we were trying to get our house livable. I will be FOREVER grateful to all the people who helped us by giving us a place to stay, watching our kids, bringing meals or inviting us to dinner, moving our stuff, painting, cleaning, and so much more. There is absolutely no way we would have survived without all of their help. |
 |
| Playing ball with all the tape we took off the walls |
 |
| Michael became mobile at such a bad time lol |
 |
| Sleeping in our own house! On cardboard on top of the subfloor, but still! |
 |
| 1st bath at the new house! (every time we got to use another part/room of our house was an exciting event) |
 |
| Getting out and away from the house for a walk in our new neighborhood |
My family very generously spent their entire spring break helping us work on the house. My dad drove out tons of tools and treated us to many Home Depot trips. My mom and Chloe kept the kids entertained and kept everyone fed, my brothers did so much hard work and demolition. We managed to squeeze in a couple of fun days in San Francisco as well. They sure earned it!
 |
| It's always fun getting to do this girl's hair, and it's sort of tradition |
 |
| Watching general conference |
 |
| taking a well earned nap |
 |
| The yard and plants were super overgrown when we moved in, one plus was that there were tons of roses in bloom |
 |
| Putting in a shelf where there was wasted space. |
 |
| We had so much fun at the Exploritorium! I highly recommend going, but don't plan on doing anything else that day. It will DRAIN you. |
 |
| How cute are these little buddies? Andrew had so much fun working with my dad all week. |
 |
| Easy castle birthday cake for an adorable 5 year old. |
 |
| And cheesecake for the 11 year old. |
 |
| Biking the Golden Gate Bridge. If you visit SF, this is another must. We've done it twice, and I would gladly go again. |
It was so sad when my family had to leave, but they helped us accomplish so much!
 |
| Trying out Skyview Noodles downtown |
 |
| Does this picture remind anyone else of a certain Book of Mormon story? |
 |
| At least it's washable? |
 |
| I think she must have been going through a makeup phase |
 |
| This might be my very favorite thing about our whole house. There is a window over the kitchen sink that looks out onto the whole backyard. I love watching and listening to my kiddos play while I cook. |
 |
| We went to the Aquarium of the Bay for a family date. I only have one picture because it was over before we even realized we were halfway through. It was definitely the smallest aquarium I've ever been to. I wouldn't recommend it, but aquariums are kind of my favorite thing ever, so I expect a lot out of them. |
 |
| Dyeing Easter eggs |
 |
| City egg hunt |
 |
| Golden-rod eggs for breakfast after Easter. Yum!!! |
This progression of pictures pretty much sums up what it's like to have an older brother...
 |
| Happy 4th birthday, Adaline!!!! |
 |
| 6 month check up |
 |
| Always playing dress up |
 |
| We still love the views in our neighborhood when we go on walks |
 |
| Headed to preschool! |
 |
| These two are such cute friends, even though they're about 2.5 years apart |
 |
| I sure love this group of kids |
My older brother had an assignment to come out for an air show at Travis Air Force Base-about 45 minutes north of us. It was so fun to see him! We went bowling, he came and checked out our house, and of course we went to the air show. This is the second time since we've lived out here that he's come out to that base. I hope it happens again!
 |
| This plane wasn't open to everyone. Sometimes you get special privileges when your cool uncle is the pilot. |
Comments
Post a Comment