Skip to main content

Pre-Christmas

Let's see if we can remember December
My favorite cheesers making Christmas cookies

I posted this to illustrate that although our home is cluttered, it is also festive

Matthew loves building with blocks right now. He and Andrew will play together for a long time


Every time I wash Adaline's hair, she asks for me to put it into some kind of silly hairdo, then take pictures on my phone and show them to her. She's such a goof

 Andrew's parents came to town the first week of December and we had such a fun time with them! We went to the Pittsburg Christmas tree lighting and then got bbq the first night they were here. The next day we went to the Oakland Temple. We explored the visitors' center, walked around the temple, and ate lunch. It was a gorgeous day and it was one of the first times we got lots of smiles out of Michael. After the temple, we went to Fenton's for ice cream-yummmmm
The next day, we met them at their hotel for breakfast and then went to help set up for our ward Christmas party which was later that night. After naps, the kids, Andrew, and his parents went swimming at their hotel while Michael and I finished getting things ready for the ward Christmas party. They came and joined the party when they were finished. They had to leave the next morning, so it was just a short visit, but we loved having them visit.

My kids take so many pictures on my phone. It's seriously always full

I can never resist an opportunity to take a picture with Laura!



"Look mom, we're like a family!"


He's such a happy guy!





I have so many pictures of Matthew holding Michael. He is obsessed with his little brother and is always hugging/kissing/jumping on him. It's sweet, but I also fear for Michael's life



Tucking Matthew in for a nap lol


Add caption




Any time Adaline notices that her toes don't have polish on them, she will explain to me that the polish came off and so she needs me to put some more on.


I was pretty proud of this creative solution to us not having space for a Christmas tree. I don't know if Andrew really approved, but he's a purist so he's tough to please.

They all had monkeys on their jammies so I tried to take a picture. Those older two look so much alike! In fact, I get asked if their twins almost every time I leave the house
 We went to the Pittsburg Christmas parade again this year and it was super wet and rainy. It was hard to see over all of the umbrellas, but we still had fun. My favorite float was definitely the polar express train.
I just want to smooch all over his tiny little face. How can noses and chins be that teeny tiny???


Lots of our friends are professional baby holders, thank goodness




I was walking by the bathroom and happened upon this scene. I was trying so hard not to let her see me laughing. But seriously, what is going on here?

I won this at this year's ugly sweater/white elephant Christmas party! I was so excited! And, obviously, Andrew was so jealous that he had to try it on too.



He is the sweetest. Period

In an effort to focus more on Christ during Christmas, I purchased this Christmas Star nativity and book. There is a book with the Christmas story and then a wooden nativity set. Each night in December, Andrew or I would move the star to a new location.  In the morning, the kids had to find the star and take the wisemen to it. On Christmas Eve, we moved the star to the top of the nativity so that the wisemen would find Christ in the morning. It was fun coming up with different places to hide the start, and it at least got us talking about the true story of Christmas every day.

Andrew's birthday! It was pretty low-key, but I think Andrew was pleased. He got a new pair of vans and an ice cream cake from Coldstone. Since way back when we were dating, Andrew has said that he always wanted to get an ice cream cake from Coldstone for his birthday so I finally got him one. Thankfully, it did not disappoint :)

He also got some piano books and basketball shorts


Christmas jammies!!


He's SO happy!


I was looking for information about city sports for toddlers and happened to see that the book store downtown was going to have a story time with Elsa in 3 days. We didn't have anything going on, so we figured we'd take the kids and check it out. Adaline and Matthew about lost their minds. Elsa and Anna were both there and it was hilarious to see my kids get so shy and speechless and excited all at the same time. It was also much longer and more structured than I thought it was going to be. They even read the story "Frozen" and sang the songs every time one came up. My kiddos were in heaven.



I love how excited she looks in this picture.
There were only about 6 kids there, so it was easier for Adaline to warm up and be more comfortable.



We seriously have   to get creative with our Christmas decorating

Pretty much the most beautiful loaf of bread ever


The weekend before Christmas, a big group of families had a collaborative dinner at the movies and then went caroling and delivered treats that we all brought and divided. I am always saying that I need more singing in my Christmas celebrating, and this really helped to fulfill that need. 

Two months old and super cute


He likes to be put to sleep swaddled, held upright and facing out, and being bounced. It does not look like the right way to put a baby to sleep and yet, it's what works.

Adaline doesn't need a nap every single day right now and some times she has a hard time telling which kind of day it is. 

I was actually impressed that she found a way to make the baby stay up!

I propose that there is nothing in the entire world cuter than a naked baby




Woodworking really shouldn't happen at the kitchen table, but sometimes there is just no other option.

I don't remember exactly what happened here, but I think the older kids were snuggling in blankets then Adaline decided she looked like Mary, so she made Matthew look like Joseph and then asked to hold Michael so that she could be baby Jesus. I love how much she's been talking about Christ and the Christmas story this year.

Family Christmas crafting since dad was home




I'm always looking for new hairdos that work with her super fine and uneven hair. I thought this one was pretty fun



Comments