When we left Yellowstone Friday morning, we headed straight for the Reeves to spend a quick 48 hours on our way back home. Thankfully, the drive wasn't too bad and we were able to pull in just after lunch.
We visited with mom, Noah, Harris, and Chloe then went and picked up Daniel from his lacrosse camp. Dad got home from work and we all went to Chuck-O-Rama. It was just like old times because everyone had to wait while I finished my food :D Adaline was also eating long after most people finished-I guess it's a family tradition.
At some point, Dad told us about how he discovered Pentatonix...again and "made" us all watch youtube videos of them. The funny thing is that when he and Daniel were out here a couple months ago, he told me all about how he learned of Pentatonix and how he stayed up late watching their youtube videos. He has absolutely no memories of this. He's not even old! It was hilarious except that it was scary. The youtube party eventually turned into Karaoke and I learned that we are all pretty terrible at it.
Saturday morning we went to a Farmer's Market (Andrew got in huge trouble for touching a "$1200" arrowhead-ha!) and then we helped their neighbor move stuff into a storage unit. Next we picked up Daniel from Lacrosse camp and watched his awards, then went to another farmer's market where I found the most adorable dresses for Adaline (I bought 3) and we had tasty lemonades(mint and basil). That night we played the name game that we learned from Anna and Dave and we played reverse charades and learned things I wish I didn't know about who in my family doesn't wear underwear and who all wears Noah's underwear since he always has clean ones... #awkward



On Sunday we were loading the car and getting ready to leave when my mom said that even though Andrew had to go back to work, she wished the kids and I could stay another week and then they would drive us to Winnemucca to meet Andrew at the end of the week. I said something like, "yeah, wouldn't that be fun?" Then, about 20 minutes later, we were moving the carseats into dad's car and getting the kids ready for church. It was a quick turnaround and it was hard for me to feel settled about suddenly spending a week away from Andrew, but we had so much fun. Throughout the week it was fun to tryout hairstyles on Chloe, watch Adaline collect chicken eggs with Grandpa, and pick vegetables with Grandma. I don't remember seeing Adaline all that much while we were in Logan. She could spend forever playing with her aunt and uncles.
Monday-Ran errands, then we met dad for lunch at Great Harvest where Matthew threw my sandwich on the ground and my dad was kind enough to get me a new one. After lunch we went to an awesome trampoline place. It was surprisingly clean and cheap and it had the perfect area for Matthew and Adaline to play in. They both loved it! Noah was impressed that I could do a flip (so was I)
Tuesday- That night Daniel needed to get some string for his lacrosse stick so I went to the store with him and dad so I could try out some bikes. I found a great one that I loved for only $530...sadly, it did not come home with me.
 |
| She was probably the one who shot them, but at least she nursed them back to health as well |
Wednesday-In the morning, mom and I ran a couple errands at the scout store and Wal-Mart. Later we went to McDonald's to play at the play place.
 |
| Making paper airplanes |
 |
| Her hair is perfect for trying out braids and whatnot |
 |
| Triple decker paper airplane? |
 |
| Grandpa surveying his chickens and rabbits |
 |
| Momma rabbit had a baby the day the first day we were there (Friday) |
 |
| He really liked getting up here to play, but was less than terrific and getting down |



Thursday-Mom, the kids, and I all went over to the baseball field at the park to play"lacrosse ball" (baseball but with lacrosse equipment). It was hilarious. And ridiculous. Chloe got a tie-dye kit earlier in the week so we all made shirts (or underwear for some people because they're crazy). I think this was the day we tried to get the "World's Best Corndog" but the food truck was up at Bear Lake for the rest of the week. So lame! Instead we got Mo' Bettah which was pretty good and slurpees. We played in the hammocks -I've decided that I need one-while we waited for dad to get home. That night, Lori came over to watch my kids (thank you!) while the rest of us went to the rodeo. That was the first time I have done something with my parents and siblings without Andrew, siblings-in-law, or my kids. It felt a little weird but was so fun. The rodeo didn't compare to the one in Spanish Fork, but I love rodeos, so I still liked it a lot. After the rodeo, we walked around the fair grounds and salivated over churros, funnel cakes, and deep fried everything.
 |
| Another one of her hairdos |
 |
| Just a couple of crazy siblings |
 |
| I was teaching them how to do "random crazy face" (throwback to Aledo CC people, esp. Callie) |
 |
| Awww how sweet are they? |
 |
| This was during the wild cow riding. Each time was racing to get a saddle on their cow and ride it between those two white barrels. No one was successful, but I laughed really hard. |
Friday- In the morning, we spent some time playing outside-Daniel and I tossed the lacrosse ball back and forth quite a bit throughout the week and I was shocked how fun it was since I'm normally pretty terrible with a racquet/bat/etc. The rest of the day, we mostly packed and got ready to leave. Mom and I helped Daniel clean and reorganize his room. I'm pretty sure his bedroom, closet, and bedroom are about the size of our entire 2 bed/2 bath apartment. I'm not kidding! We all wore our tie dyed shirts for the drive. I even made dad one with the shirt Harris didn't use-mom didn't have one, but she found a tie dyed bandanna so we let her come along. There was a lot of crying by my two exhausted children, but we made it some time after midnight (or 1?) to Winnemucca and Andrew got there around 2 thanks to a terrible accident that completely closed the freeway. After hotel breakfast and too many episodes of "Make my wife's car tricked out" we had lunch and played at McDonald's (matthew ate an entire hamburger) and we parted ways. The drive home wasn't too bad, but we were SO ready to be home. We logged at least 40 hours in the car (plus twelve for Andrew) over the course of this vacation. Whew!
I've got to jump ahead a little bit and say that Matthew is 10 months old! As in, he's going to be 1 in less than 2 months. How crazy! He has 3 teeth (1 on bottom and 2 on top) that pretty much all came up at once just before he turned 10 months. Walking is his main mode of transportation. He took his first steps forever ago but could only do 1 or 2 at time. A couple weeks ago he suddenly started putting way more together, and by the time he was 10 months, he was a little pro. He is sort of figuring out clapping as of today. I think he yells "Aaaah" when he is trying to get Adaline's attention. He loves being outside and playing in the dirt. He is still incredibly snuggly and I hope he never grows out of it. He eats more than anyone else in our family. I can eat dairy now! He only spits up once or twice a day now, and when I started trying to eat dairy again, it didn't seem to affect his spitting up at all. I think it helps that he only nurses right when we wakes up and just before going to bed. He seems to throw up if he has two many liquids at once because he'll do the same thing with water. I think it also has helped him a ton that he spends so much of his time sitting up or standing up now that he doesn't crawl that much.
He is typically pretty happy, though he can be incredibly whiny and just want to be held. He LOVES playing with Adaline and they are so cute together. We love you Matthew!
Comments
Post a Comment