I keep thinking I'm caught up and then we do a million more things that I have to blog about. I can't really complain about having too much fun, but...WE'RE HAVING TOO MUCH FUN!
On a more serious note, some days lately are such a struggle. Matthew is a champion spitter and isn't gaining much weight. The constant spitting up is so frustrating for me, but I'm also a little worried about my little man. I spend a lot of one-on-one time with Matthew because he doesn't give me much of a choice (he does NOT like to be put down) and, although Adaline is super good at entertaining herself, I can tell she wants more attention. Being a mom is hard. I live for the weekends and evenings when Andrew is home-I don't know what I would do without that man. My kids are sweet and I love them a lot, but life can be pretty tough.
Adaline LOVES books. She carefully picks out which ones she wants, will sit with us while we read her endless amounts of books, likes to "read" them back to us, and can get so involved in the stories. She often screams "uh-oh" if something bad happens. She is such a great big sister. With Matthew cries, she either pats his head and says, "buddy", gives him his pacifier, or rocks the car seat and says, "shh." She's very good at imitating mom and dad. She still loves playing outside and could wander around collecting things all day long. She loves our neighbors' dogs and asks to "pet Sunny" but often gets to scared when she has the chance to pet him. She is such a little parrot. She'll call Andrew And-joo, hun, sweetheart, or whatever else she recently heard me call him. She's very polite. When she wants to get past me or I'm in her way, I get a constant stream of "cue me". We've been working on full sentences instead of just, "milk please." A lot of time we just have to prompt her by saying mom/dad and she'll finish with, "can I please have some more milk?" It's so cute and I'm so proud of her. She loves saying prayers and will sometimes say a whole prayer on her own with just the prompting of "Heavenly Father" to get her started. She prays for everything-every family member and every piece of food on the table. Adaline is incredibly helpful. She's likes to put the dishes away with me, and I'm shocked every time by how many things she puts in the right places without any direction from me. She is awesome and I wish I had more time to spend with her.
 |
| We had a fiesta during dinner one night. I made pico de gallo, queso, and cafe rio smothered pork burritos. It was so good and I ate way to much. This was during breakfast the next morning before I took it down. |
 |
| Hands in her pockets :D |
So, I feel like I already blogged about this, but I can't find it anywhere. Tell me if this sound familiar to you: Going back to the end of February, we went to a BYU rugby game at St. Mary's . I think there might have been slightly more cougar fans than gael fans and we won! It was fun to cheer for our cougars and one of Andrew's engineering buddies. St. Mary's has a super pretty campus and it was lots of fun to go.
On the way back home, we decided to check out the Pittsburg library. Anything would pale in comparison to the Provo library, but dang, this one is tiny. We didn't spend too long there and then we got dinner at New Mecca. One of my professors from BYU (who I think is amazing) went there with her grandparents when she was growing up so that made it extra fun. It was tasty (especially Andrew's food, like always).
 |
| She did this while we put up pictures one night |
March 13. We didn't have anything planned for Andrew's Friday off, so we ended up just going over to the Lime Ridge open space. We hiked around for an hour or so and then walked in a nearby neighborhood so that Adaline could get some energy out too. We found a playground that probably wasn't for us, but Adaline had a lot of fun. We decided that the open space would have been more fun to explore with bikes, but it was a good day nonetheless.
 |
| I only carried her for like 20 minutes. She is SO heavy! I don't know how Andrew always carries her and he doesn't even complain! |
Pi day this year was kind of a big deal since, ya know, 3.1415926535 (yes that was from memory) and the date was 3.14.15. Whoot! Basically Andrew and I will take any excuse to eat pie and spend the day dividing circumferences by radii. In the morning we went to the Oakland temple. Adaline threw up on the way there, just a little, but we didn't even realize it until we were getting her out off the car. It was so weird. We went in the visitors' center and I washed out her shirt for her. Luckily she had a jacket to wear while her shirt dried. After exploring the visitors' center for a while, we walked around the temple. We were surprised to find a staircase leading to a terrace halfway up the temple, and we really liked walking around and taking in the views from up there.
 |
| I pointed out the nail marks to Adaline and she kept saying "owchie." She also really liked the mural around the ceiling and kept/keeps talking about how Jesus made the sky. |
 |
| I know my Savior lives |
After the temple, we went to the Roberts Recreational area that's nearby. Adaline played on the playground and we went on a little hike. Then the kids napped while we drove to Skipolini's for our first pi(e) of the day: pizza pie! Yummm! One cool thing was that our booth was in front of where they made the crusts, so we got to watch the knead the dough. One of the workers came out from behind it and gave Adaline some dough so that she could work on her own crust. She loved imitating what they were doing.
 |
| Andrew must have gotten some pizza on his face |
 |
| She was really getting into the selfie fun |
On the way home we picked up a lemon creme pie and ran a couple other errands. Then we finished the entire pie in less than 24 hours...I'm not sure whether I'm embarrassed or proud.
Random awesome moment: A couple weeks ago, I was at WinCo and Adaline dropped something out of the cart. It rolled under a display and I tried to get it, but with Matthew sleeping in the ergo on my chest, there was just no way. A lady saw all of this and told me I had no chance of getting it. I laughed, and starting turning the cart around to go get another bottle off the shelf. Before I had even turned around, she was on the ground fishing that darn apple cider vinegar out from under the display. I couldn't believe she did that for me! Thank you, stranger!
I know I wrote about this before but since I can't figure out what happened to it, I'll just have to write it again. A few weeks ago we were looking for some cookies at WinCo and when we were ready to leave the aisle, Adaline started screaming and crying trying to get back there. I figured it was because she wanted cookies and we had decided not to get any, but when she finally got away, she picked up her trash that she had left on the shelf, threw it in the garbage can, and was perfectly happy. Ha! Leave it to Adaline to throw the biggest tantrum I've ever seen out of her over not throwing her garbage in the trash. Love her!
Comments
Post a Comment