Skip to main content

Getting back to Utah (and all the stops along the way)

Oh no! It's almost been a whole month since the last post; this might turn into a novel. So...

After doing all I could to clean and pack our apartment, and giving Daddy lots of hugs and kisses, Adaline and I set out around 5 on Thursday morning (Aug 21) to fly back to Utah. Adaline was a perfect little flyer that day. She didn't cry at all during our two flights, nor did she make any messes on our flight neighbors. Gram met us at the airport and helped us get our crazy amounts of stuff all into the car. It felt SO good to be back in Utah and I really never expected to say that. I spent the rest of the day re-packing and organizing so that we could head to Idaho the next day.

She put this on her head multiple times and apparently thought it was awesome






This is how we got around the airport, and almost everyone stopped to comment on it.

After a lovely, uneventful (albeit rainy) drive, we got to the Fishies in one piece. That night I got to see Alyssa and Taylor at their gorgeous and tasty wedding dinner. I also got to catch up with Deidre and Matt (and Brian and Sarah the next day)-woot! The next day, I got to see Alyssa and Taylor get married and it was the most wonderful thing ever. They are so cute and happy and in love and it just made me cry all day to see them be married.
Adaline LOVES hanging out with her cousins

The gorgeous and happy couple!


After getting back, the Fishes took us to see their house in progress, which will be SWEET, and then we had never ending pizza (Thank you Gram!) at Gertie's. Even though it was after her bed time, I took Adaline with me to the reception for a little bit so that I could show off her adorableness-at least I'm honest, right? It was a beautiful reception and I thought the "roasting corner" was especially clever and tasty. One thing I loved about all of their wedding events, was that I actually got a chance to talk to Alyssa and Taylor. Maybe my memory is just bad, but I don't remember having any real conversations with people on my wedding day, unless we were in the same car at some point. So good job you two! The next day we went to church and then we stopped in Logan to see my parents new digs.
Cousin H dressed her up



Yes, we were taking pictures at church so that she could look at them and be entertained

After a tasty dinner, Gram headed the rest of the way home, but Adaline and I  stayed for a few days. First, I love their new house. I was really in love with their old house, but this one has it's own fantastic features as well-specifically the back deck and its most amazing views. Second, I couldn't believe I was at my parent's house but only a couple hours from my house. I can't remember exactly what we did every day, but some of the highlights were picking blackberries, going to the neighborhood picnic, helping to unpack/organize, and going food outlet shopping (pepperidge farms, creamies, and Gossner dairy). Adaline learned how to shoot people and play dead (if you don't play dead, she'll just keep shooting).
After picking blackberries, Adaline looked liked she had killed a man. The picture really didn't capture it.

Dressing up at grandma's new house


On Thursday, we headed down to Provo with Keller to get us settled in. Keller still needed some bedding, so we just HAD to stop at Red Robin in the mall. Oh yum. Thank you momma for still spoiling me over and over again. After a giant trip to Costco, Momma bear dropped us off and had to get back to Logan. All of a sudden, I really REALLY missed Andrew. It had been a week since we'd last seen him, and I had this house to put together and no one left to hang out with besides Adaline-who really is good company, just not the best conversationalist.

I have no idea what we did Friday-I'm guessing we spent the day unpacking- but on Saturday, we walked up to campus to walk freshmen through their schedules. The first one we did took us right up to Adaline's nap time, so we couldn't help anyone else, but we had a lot of fun helping out. AND we got to try out our new (to us) ergobaby carrier and we LOVED it! That night, Alyssa and Taylor were having their Utah reception, so we headed over for some pie and to hang out with Matt and Deidre again.

On Sunday, Alyssa Evans (I mostly try to just be friends with people named Alyssa apparently) was giving a homecoming talk in her new ward so we hopped over there to disturb the singles' ward peace. It was SO awesome to see Alyssa again after a year and a half and the funny part was that I'm almost exactly as pregnant as I was when she left, so it's like she didn't miss a thing. Her ward was really awesome and they were also good about not seeming annoyed by the toddler who just couldn't resist walking up and saying hi to everyone giving lessons. That night Alyssa invited us to a big family dinner/get-together which was tasty and awesome. Her family is all so nice and I didn't have to watch Adaline the whole time because other kids wanted to play with her. I also learned that Adaline loves plums and knows how to eat them by herself without trying to eat the pit. Who would have thought?

After I rearranged some furniture, unpacked more, and waited very impatiently, Andrew finally got home Monday evening! It was the best! Then we went to dinner with Gram and Grandpa (Grandpa flew out to LA to drive back with Andrew, so he'd just gotten home too) at Zupa's. The whole time I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face because I was just so happy to see my husband again.

The very next day, Andrew started school again. I forgot how much less I see Andrew when he's in school compared to when he's doing internships, but I'm just so happy that he's back!! On Saturday, Keller babysat for us so we could buy our car, we played in the canyon with Adam and Audrey, and we had their whole family plus Gram and Grandpa over to our house to watch BYU cream Texas-again. The grandparents brought pizza, rootbeer, and watermelon, Audrey brought plums, and everyone had an awesome time. It was so fun to all be together after the long summer and to entertain guests in our home again. We are so happy to be back, even if it is only for a short time!
Sometimes you have to put yogurt in your hair. It's just one of those things.

Comments