Who's in the mood for an update on Adaline? We haven't done that in a while!
That little girl is growing and learning like crazy. She loves to imitate whatever we do which is hilarious, but sometimes frustrating. She's great at cleaning (on her own terms) and will sometimes pick up trash and throw it away completely unprompted. She loves to take dirt/mud baths and I wish I had some pictures from today when she was lying on her belly trying to cover herself with dirt.
Adaline is a smarty pants, she knows how to identify her (or anyone's) belly button, nose, eyes, teeth, cheeks, head, toes, hands, and ears. One of her favorite games is to start touching everyone's noses during dinner. She knows tons of words including all the body parts she can identify, mom, daddy, hat, milk, more, please, thank you, up, hello, hi, bye, baby, blanket (it doesn't sound much like blanket, but it does start with a b and always refers to her blanket), pretty, cute, bow, book, dergo (for there you go), no, go, keys, kiss, cheese, shoes, go with her hands out means "where'd it go?", bunny, wow, uh-oh, and probably others that I'm not remembering. She loves animals and has learned quite a few animal sounds. She knows dog, cat, horse, cow, turtle (they say, "shhh" with her finger up to her lips), monkey, fish, sheep, duck, tigers, birds...I think that's all? She LOVES to read books. She'll start saying "book" over and over and nodding until I tell her to go pick one, then she'll climb in my lap while we read it. As soon as it's over, she's off to get another and another and another.
Adaline loves to swim. We go to the pool at least a couple times a week, and she could happily spend all day there. She knows how to do the arm motions-but doesn't know that she does-and she loves to ride on my back across the pool. She isn't afraid at all and will jump over and over again even though I let her whole head go under the water. I'm hoping we can keep up the exposure to water so that she doesn't get scared or regress.
Adaline loves dancing and will shake her hips to anything with a beat. This includes the washing machine.
She likes to brush her teeth and her hair (and our teeth and hair) but does a pretty poor job. However, she has gotten really good at feeding herself with utensils. It's awesome!!! We still have to help her with some bites or some meals, and she still uses her hands too, but it's really nice that Andrew and I both get to eat our meals with fewer interruptions.
Adaline loves to blow kisses to EVERYONE and often inanimate objects as well. She does "bones" and high fives. Oh so cute.
We're starting to think about potty training after we move, but...I actually would rather change a few diapers a day than constantly be stopping for bathroom breaks. So, we're having a hard time being motivated.
Here is the slew of pictures to tell the rest of the story:
 |
| Modeling dad's dress socks |
 |
| So I found this guy one evening as I was preparing to cook dinner. I almost cried. The next day... |
 |
| This mister was running down the hallway... |
 |
| I found this guy under Adaline's bed (dead, luckily)... |
 |
| And this nasty fellow under the bathroom sink. YUCK!!! |
 |
| Everytime we go to the library, Adaline makes a bee line for this dog and the giant stuffed bear. She loves them so much |
 |
| I'm not sure he was succeeding at impressing her |
 |
| Some little girls helped Adaline dress up |
 |
| These little sandals finally got to small and I am SO sad about it. |
 |
| Adaline is excellent at helping to load and unload the dishwasher. I'm not even joking. I try to hurry and take out things that are sharp or breakable, but otherwise, Adaline hands everything to me so I can put it away. (Andrew lets her put the silverware in the drawer, but I like a little more organization) |
 |
| Adaline has been wearing this T-shirt for a whole year! |
 |
| And holy cow, what a difference one year makes! |
 |
| 30 seconds before I took this, she had gotten her swimsuit bottoms on her head and adjusted them so that her face was stinking out of one of the leg holes. We weren't fast enough to get the picture because Andrew and I were both laughing so hard. |
 |
| Don't worry, her eye has gone back to normal. There seems to be a spider hiding somewhere in her room and it's given her a couple yucky looking bites. This one especially freaked us out, but I think it just swelled extra because it was on her eyelid. The good part is, she didn't even seem to notice or be bothered by it in the least. |
 |
| Are they adorable or what? |
 |
| I think we better get her some more modest dress-up clothes |
 |
| She finally got that fourth bottom tooth, so now she has 8 teeth, but they're still a bit uneven. |
 |
| Just as I was starting to relax and think I'd seen the last of the cockroaches...BAM There's one hoping around in my skillet when I'm pulling out the pans for dinner (luckily I didn't need this one). I am now an expert and inducing comas in cockroaches. In fact, I think I'll add that to my résumé. |
 |
| Trying out a bun because, why not? |
As for the rest of the update: Andrew is headed to California for an interview with Dow for full-time employment (he wouldn't start until after he graduates in December, of course). We're excited, but also hoping to have more than one option. Adaline and I will be moving back to Utah in about a week and we are VERY excited because we have so many fun things we get to do as soon as we get there. We've started the packing and cleaning and it has made us very grateful that we couldn't bring that much with us. Life is good, we are all happy and well.
Next time I'll tell you about the alligator farm and plantation house that we went to. Get excited!
Comments
Post a Comment