A couple of my friends do this clever thing where they fill
out this little survey each month and I thought that was a pretty good idea, so
I'm copying it. :D
Nicknames: Addie, Addie Jane, honey bear, sugar pie, sweet
pea, princess, sugar bear, baby girl ...... we (mostly I) call you lots of
random things-including your real name ;)
Temperament: normally calm. In the evenings your stomach is
upset and that obviously isn't your favorite thing, but otherwise you're a
pretty happy baby
Things I Could Do Without: The puking. You've gotten so much
better, but still every once in a while you forcefully throw up your whole meal
and it's often aimed right at mom or dad . It makes me think of a geyser. On a related note, when you're eating you
often get fussy and have to stop multiple times to burp. You get so upset
because you're hungry and you keep trying to eat, but you're in pain cause you
need to burp so you can't eat. It's just no fun for anybody.
Item/Toy We Love the Most: Your sling. You love to be in
your sling and go for a walk. On Sundays you sleep through most of church in
it, and in the evenings we put you in it for a walk to calm you down. You also
love riding in your car seat and, oddly enough, love your changing table. When
you're cranky and we think maybe your diaper is bothering you, as soon as we
lie you down on the changing table, you stop crying. You're happy all through
the diaper change and even for a few minutes after. The weird thing is that
this works even when your diaper is clean. I don't know if you just like the
view from there or it's super comfy or what, but for some reason you seem to
love it. It's soo nice that we have a couple sure-fire ways of calming you
down.
Item/Toy You Love the Most: Your black and white geometric
pictures. Grandma Reeves gave you some black and white pictures that she used
to entertain her babies and you love them. I've watched you stare at one for a
solid 2.5 minutes.
Things I'm Loving Most Right Now: You're a great sleeper.
Over the last 5 nights, 3 of them of been 8 hour ones. The other two were both
6 hours, so I really can't complain about that. Speaking of sleeping, you
started laughing in your sleep occasionally
It is hilarious and so cute. I also love when you're falling asleep and
you smile and twitch and make lots of faces. I also love it when you arch your
back and stretch when you're waking up. It is adorable.
Milestones: You've started smiling in response to our
voices/smiles. It is so rewarding to get you to smile at us. You can sit in
your bumbo chair now-though I think as you fill out a little more, you'll enjoy
it more. And you have a much longer attention span; it's fun to watch you fix
your gaze on something for a long time.
Adaline,
You sure are getting big! I'm going to have to pack up your
newborn size clothes soon (but don't worry, you have TONS of adorable clothes
waiting to be worn). On Tuesday you were weighed and measured: 8 pounds 13
ounces, 20 1/8 inches. That means you gained a pound and a half in two weeks!
You're a pretty amazing baby and we love you lots and lots. It's so fun to see
you grow.
I love you!
-Mom
| Trying on your size 3 months shorts |
| We don't have many pictures of us |
| This picture cracks me up. I think it's a combination of your hair and your expression |
| We were trying out the hair bows from Sis. Aronson. So cute!!! |
You're cute when you sleep:
Oh yeah! Mother's Day was fantastic:
- We made it to church 5-10 minutes early
- The talks at church were excellent
- Loved the primary musical number
- The women got candy after sacrament meeting
- In Relief Society we got strawberry shortcake and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- I got more candy after church from the other ward
- I got to take a nap
- I got to skype with Keller and the rest of the fam (all of them!)
- Andrew made me chicken fried steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner. Yum!
Comments
Post a Comment