Yikes! It's been a while.
Well it feels like nothing notable has happened in the last month of my life, and yet here I am in a different state. Here's the recap: Andrew and I got here two weeks ago and were quickly unpacked and settled despite our car troubles. In fact, I think we got settled a little too quickly because now I have nothing to do during the day. Andrew seems to be enjoying his job, and he has probably already gained weight from all the times they've fed him. He's made friends with the other co-ops and loves Texas BBQ. Our ward here is so nice. Almost everyone came up and introduced themselves to us on our first Sunday and offered to help us with anything and everything we might need. They're a good bunch. We haven't done much exploring yet, but don't worry, we plan on it. As for me, I stay home and read just about every day. To be honest, I miss the business of life in Provo and being a student, but I'll get back to that before long. For now, I'm trying my best to support my husband. Oh here's a fun fact for you: I worked at a gym all summer and never got a free membership out of it, but now I get one just from Andrew being an intern. Oh yeah!
The old apartment (mostly) empty:
Video tour of our new apartment:
Well it feels like nothing notable has happened in the last month of my life, and yet here I am in a different state. Here's the recap: Andrew and I got here two weeks ago and were quickly unpacked and settled despite our car troubles. In fact, I think we got settled a little too quickly because now I have nothing to do during the day. Andrew seems to be enjoying his job, and he has probably already gained weight from all the times they've fed him. He's made friends with the other co-ops and loves Texas BBQ. Our ward here is so nice. Almost everyone came up and introduced themselves to us on our first Sunday and offered to help us with anything and everything we might need. They're a good bunch. We haven't done much exploring yet, but don't worry, we plan on it. As for me, I stay home and read just about every day. To be honest, I miss the business of life in Provo and being a student, but I'll get back to that before long. For now, I'm trying my best to support my husband. Oh here's a fun fact for you: I worked at a gym all summer and never got a free membership out of it, but now I get one just from Andrew being an intern. Oh yeah!
The old apartment (mostly) empty:
New apartment being a huge mess:
I love it, Sar! What a happy little home! How long are y'all in Tejas??
ReplyDeleteThat IS a beautiful walk-in closet.
Thanks! And we'll be here until mid-December
DeleteI'm so happy I found your blog chica!!! Man, you guys are livin in the lap of luxury!
ReplyDeleteOh for sure, it was the cheapest housing available and there's a sno-cone shack almost in our front yard. What a life ;)
Delete